There’s a famous quote that goes, “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” And it’s famous because it’s true. If you continue living your life in your special bubble, then you’re not actually living life like it’s meant to be lived. Let’s face it! You are living your life in mediocrity.
Sure, you’re comfortable, but you’re just going through life’s motions. You’re not doing anything special. Worst of all, you’re not doing anything to accomplish your goals and dreams in life (and don’t lie, we all have dreams).
Our dreams excite us, they breathe new life into our existence. If your dream is big enough, if you want it badly enough, then it will take you far away from your comfort zone. It will take you to uncomfortable and unknown places. Maybe you’ll be scared at first, and that’s okay.
The reality is many people are satisfied with mediocrity. But when it comes to chasing our goals that can significantly change our lives for the better, then mediocrity is a bad thing.
Now the thing is people who live boring, mediocre lives also have goals and dreams like successful people do. But that’s where the similarities end.
Where successful people can step out of their comfort zones in an instant and work on their exciting new endeavors, mediocre people will tie a figurative knot around their waists to make sure they don’t get separated from their precious comfort zones.
Their comfort zones have everything they hold dear. They’re not willing to do anything to put that at risk, to put it in jeopardy, not even for their dreams. Their dreams can wait, that’s what they tell themselves. Their dreams aren’t important, their comfort is. And they’d be right. We’re all entitled to our own opinions, after all.
But you do know what happens when you’re stuck in your comfort zone, right? You’ll be living the rest of your life exactly the same way you’re living right now. Does that sound exciting to you? Or does that sound incredibly boring? Imagine doing the same things over and over again for the next 1-5 decades!
If you want to get out of such a life and make your life more exciting, then you need to start testing the waters around you. Don’t be afraid to take baby steps and test your surroundings.
Most people aren’t willing to leave their comfort zones behind. This is why for a great majority of people, a mediocre life is all they’ll ever know. They’ll never get a taste of the life they’ve always dreamed of. And this is also the reason why only a small percentage of successful individuals live their dream lives.
If you want to join the mediocre crowd, then, by all means, go hide in your comfort zone and never take action towards reaching your dreams.
However, if you want to join the small minority, then don’t be afraid to take that first step and start pushing your boundaries. You’ll find that your dreams may be well within your arm’s reach!
It’s normal to be scared of the unknown. But sooner or later, the unknown will become known, and you’ll find there are lots of new things, new ideas, and new adventures waiting for you behind your comfort zone. It sounds pretty exciting, doesn’t it?
Ask yourself, does your life inside your comfort zone ever feel exciting? I bet not. Because comfort zones are far from exciting. In fact, they are the exact opposite of exciting.
Your dreams are exciting, so you don’t bury it in a boring place. Instead, you bring it over to the other side, you let your dreams and your passion show you the path towards your eventual success.
It’s okay to hide in our comfort zones for short periods of time. We all need breaks too. However, if you stay too long in your comfort zone, then it drains the life out of you, and you start living a monotonous life.
Dreams aren’t meant to be stuffed inside comfort zones. They are meant to be chased, they are meant to be accomplished, they are meant to excite you so you can live a more interesting life!
8 Steps to Help You Triumph over Mediocrity
Are you tired of the same old existence? Do you want more out of life than what life seems to be handing you? You can rise above mediocrity, but you must first change your mindset.
To begin, you must have a keen desire for change in your life. You must know what you want, even if you don’t yet know how to get it. Be definitive in your desire. Ask yourself, If you only had a short time to live, what would you really want to see, experience, and do? Manifest clearly in your mind what you want or need.
– Concentrate your energy and thoughts about your desire on the here and now, and not on the past or future. Embrace the present and let tomorrow take care of itself.
– Be patient and let go of any anxiety, disbelief, and doubt. Expect and believe that you have your desire already.
– Get charged up emotionally about your desire. Don’t just visualize it; feel it. The more you’re enthused, excited, and charged up about your desire, the faster you’ll have it.
– Daily, affirm to yourself what you want. An “affirmation” is “a solemn and formal declaration.” Believe that you will get what you affirm you want.
– Clear your mind of any and all negative thoughts. Negativity leads to mediocrity. Stay focused in a positive way at all times on your desires.
– Believe in yourself. A belief is a thought, which is a kind of energy. Your beliefs have a great influence on you (and others around you) and can work for or against you. Recognize and get rid of limiting beliefs that don’t serve you. Retain those beliefs that bring contentment and quality to your life.
– Stay focused on your desire. The more you visualize, feel, believe, and affirm your desire, the more real it will become. The more you focus on what you want, the more your thoughts will help produce that desire at some point in the future.
– Clearly set your intentions. An “intention” is “an anticipated outcome that guides your planned actions.” A realized goal or desire is the result of your intentions.
If my work bring value to you then please donate here to help me to continue creating useful content. Thank you for your donation.
Leave a Reply